From:
Tracy Tunnison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 10:10:55 -0500
Hi all!  Well, here I sit reading my FML when I should be getting ready to
leave for the show..... :)

With all the talk about ferrets and dogs, thought I tell you all an
interesting tidbit about my dog.  She is a Chinese Shar Pei and was 6 weeks
old when we got her (she's now 2 yrs).  She's been raised with ferrets and
knows to be gentle with them (her command is to "be nice") and loves them to
death.  Well, last year we discovered that she is allergic to ferret bites!
When a fert gets a little rambunctious and nibbles on her very ample lips
and eyebrows, her face swells up like a balloon.  Poor baby, she can't
understand now why she can't wrestle with the fuzzies anymore.  I have
pictures of the last time this happened to her, so anyone coming to the
show, if you're interested, ask to see them (I'll probably be busy all day
judging, but my daughter will be running my booth).  As all my friends and
family say, it would be ME who has a ferret allergic dog!  :(

I won't be reading my FML now til after the show and I'll update everyone on
the trophies, etc. on Sunday or Monday.

Have a fuzzy weekend everyone!

Tracy
Mid-Michigan Ferrets and Rescue