From:
Lisa Olscamp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 20:42:55 -0400
Any thoughts on how to keep ferrets out from under your stove?  Our two
little girls have figured out over the winter they can not only get under
the stove, but there is a drawer under there and have dug some of the
insulation from under the stove.  For obvious reasons we try our hardest
to keep them from the kitchen, and not have the oven on when they are out.

We have been doing our best to block off the kitchen all winter, but in
the summer they like to lie on the cool floor out there as it is the only
place in the house that lacks carpeting.  These are my two professional
diggers also that would be half way to China if not stopped!  We gave up
and tacked down carpet runners in all of their favorite digging spots
around the living room.  Removing the carpet in other areas is not an
option as we rent.

Would you ever guess that a 1 lb ferret can move a tool box that weighs at
least 10-15 times what she does to get to her favorite digging spot in the
carpet? :)

Lisa
Stinky, Pepper, Mitsy(who me?  I would never dig!), and Pristine(I can
leap a two foot tall barrier in a single bound and not touch it!)