From:
Barbara Wiborg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 18:40:56 -0600
I started school two nights a week and I spent most of today catching up
on the FML's.  (How do you guys who work and go to school keep up?)

Re: Ferret smell.  I purposely let my fuzzies lay on my sweater before I
wear it to work because I love the light musky odor.  Granted, if it is
too strong, it smells like dirty socks!  Yuck!

Re: whining.  Lucy whines when I'm holding her and she wants to get down.
Greta whines in her sleep- alot!

Re: couches. I took the legs off my couch and love seat and stuffed
blankets back behind the cushions. So far. so good..

Re; under bed retrieval.  I use my Grandmothers old cane for getting
stuff out from under the bed. Sor far mostly just socks...

Re: wayward poops.  I have 5 litter boxes in my bedroom, one in the hall,
two in the bathroom, four in the living room (including one under my desk).
It works for me!

Re: not cuddling.  Try cuddling them when they are sleeping or very tired.
Mine don't want to waste precious play-time with unproductive cuddling!

Re: getting a job with CA gestapo.  Instead, I would suggest for people who
want to make a little extra money to get a job at Petco's that sell
ferrets.  It's easier to work from the inside to re-educate the ignorant.

Re: Black Footed ferrets as pets.  I also was told by someone that they
owned a BFF.  They are, in fact, still very much endangered.  I think these
people are wishful thinkers, or are confusing sable ferrets with black
footed ferrets, not knowing there is a big difference between the two.

I was talking to someone the other day about ferrets.  She asked me "What
do they do in the wild?" I said "They die."

I, too, was in stiches about the "printer problem and small pointy
mammals"!  What a riot!

I guess raisins are not all they're cracked up to be!  Mine sure love
Craisins, tho.

Barb and the small, pointy mammals;
Lucy   (Mom, let me DOWN! I've places to "go", things to hide!)
Greta  (I'm not pointy, am I?)

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the old,
sympathetic with the struggling, and tolerant of the weak and
wrong...because sometime in your life you will have been all of these"