From:
Dee Gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 22:11:18 EDT
The Great Lakes Ferret Association is joining the Animal Meals on Wheels
Services for Pet Fair 2001 at Milham Park in Kalamazoo (Michigan) on
Saturday, June 30.  Admission is FREE.

The event runs all day long beginning at 9AM (until 4PM) with a
ribbon-cutting ceremony.  Last year was the first year, and the Mayor of
Kalamazoo did the honors.  Let's see, is this year an election year ....?
Last year the dog groups had their pooches on leashes waiting for the
ribbon-cutting as the GLFA group "walked" our ferrets right up the sidewalk
to join everybody.  Everybody stopped & watched not quite knowing what to
make of us.  We drove the greyhounds crazy but not intentionally.

Anyway, there will be a bake sale (food for pets & people), an "Ask the
Vet" forum, an All Stars All Pets Contest, Musical Chairs (Pets & People),
and Cake Walk (Pets & People).  From what I understand, the media is going
to be involved, too.  Channel 3-WWMT just did a story & now the information
has been attached to their web site.  Apparently, Channel 8/41 WOOD TV will
be doing a story and have offered to MC the event.  Geez, save me from
Gerry Barnaby (cringe).

We will have a wading pool for the ferrets to cool them off.  It worked
perfectly last year.  And from what I've been hearing all year long, the
Splash Bombs that made their debut last year will be around again.  I have
to remember to bring a change of clothes.

We will have shelter ferrets with us but no adoptions on site.

If you're in the area, please stop by and say "hi".  I'm taking Hershey &
Stone.  Finnegan starts fights as soon as she's put in the playpen with the
others, Wile E. Coyote is agoraphobic so he'll be home unless you want to
watch a ferret have an anxiety attack, Nilla PREFERS to stay home (I have
hell to pay if I take her anywhere) and my newest, Mary Jane, is a foster
who is a fear biter.

Take care
Dee (GLFA President)
Nilla
Hershey, Stone, Finnegan, Wile E. Coyote & Mary Jane