From:
Ann Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 12:12:23 -0400
I guess it is lethal if you don't "feed" the virus.

We really intended to add ONE more to our ferret family of two little jills.
Because of the heat, our new little boy (now known as "Sluggo") wouldn't get
to come up from our friend, Pat, from Treasured Ferrets via plane.  Oh no,
he was going to be limo'd in my airconditioned car and keep me company from
Baltimore to Boston.  For those of you elsewhere - that is 441 miles door to
door.  EACH WAY.  When ferret math virus gets you, watch out.

After visting all of Pat's beautiful kids and playing with everyone, I fell
in love with this little albino jill PLUS our pal Sluggo.  As you can
imagine, Sluggo had company for the ride home too.

Needless to say, as I type this, I'm liberally coated in bitter apple.
Little Iodine is really, really frisky!  She was the last kit with her mom
from a little tiny litter and at 13 weeks, she thinks she runs the show!

Which leads me to... I see a lot of similarities in the behavior of my
girls.  They are very confident - pretty pushy.  This goes for my two 5
month old girls as well as the new one.

The little boy, and he is also around 13 weeks, seems much more tenative
then the girls.  He is quite playful, and had been the dominate kit in his
litter.  Now in our house for less then 24 hours, he perfers to watch for a
while before jumping into play.  Once he starts he plays with the best of
them.  He also had to be shown the ferret bed in my office for afternoon nap
time.  By himself, he fell asleep behind the bookcase, but was very happy to
be put in the bed with the girls.  Little Iodine knew exactly where SHE was
sleeping and went straight for the bed at naptime!

Is this just the difference between Jill and Hob kits or is this just a
different personality then the other 3?  All these guys are whole, but not
forever.

I'd like to hear what other people think and have observed about young jill
and hob personalities.

A thought on lick lick chomp, something many of us have experinced!  Massey
was doing this to the back of the necks of the newbies in the hammock last
night.  Hmmm, my arm gets it in the same place as a ferret back of neck but
w/o the scent glands back there...

-The Cinnamon Girls-
Massey - I'm the boss!
Eris - LETS PLAY!!!
-The Newbies-
Sluggo - I'm gonna watch this insanity from under the TV stand
Little Iodine - I'm cute, who could deny ME??

ME - Do you know if bitter apple comes in SPF 15?