From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 01:12:47 -0700
    As Kelleen's lovely eulogy has made apparent, Fang did indeed cross the
Rainbow Bridge this evening at Dr.  Huff's office.  His passing was peaceful
and painless and I rest assured that his suffering has ended.  He was buried
in the garden of my best friend and club president, alongside the resting
places of other loved and missed fuzzies we have known.

    However, I must apologize to my vet about the stink I made about the
high price of the euthanasia.  I had only spoken to the receptionist about
the price of the euthanasia, not the Dr.  himself, and I know what the
misinterpretation was.  The $80.00 figure quoted to me was because: a) Fang
had not been examined by the vet previously (he was treated at another
clinic) and the receptionist included the price of an examination and B)
the figure quoted also included the cost of disposal/cremation of the body.
The actual euthanasia was $30.00, whatever method I preferred.  He also
offered to have Fang cremated at no extra charge to myself.  As I had
mentioned, he is a wonderful doctor and I suppose I was at fault for not
clarifying the situation myself with the receptionist.

    So, thank you again to all who expressed their sympathies about Fang's
passing...your words of encouragement made it all the easier.  And thank you
to Kelleen especially, for writing his eulogy and for the lovely package I
received in the mail.  Fang would thank you if he could, and I think he
thanks you anyway.  And I want to thank my boyfriend for passing up his
birthday festivities in order to come with to the vet's and for burying Fang
for me in the garden.

    All my other ferrets are in wonderful health and hopefully will be so
for many years to come.  Again, thanks to everyone and my love to all of
your fuzzy friends - except the ones who open kitchen cupboards and steal
potatoes and mixing bowls...like mine do....little creepy, sneaky
monsters!!!  ;) -

Sheena
Ferrets & Friends Club & Rescue E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
"dedicated to the preservation of the domestic ferret as a
 household pet", a no-kill, not-for-profit ferret facility.