Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 18:04:46 -0500
It was great to see ferrets included with cats and dogs.

But...Can anyone imagine a ferret wearing a seat belt?  LOL!!!  Rocky can
get out of a harness and one of my pet carriers.  I don't have to worry
about seatbelts since I don't have a car.

However, on the way to last vet visit, Rocky squeezed out of the zippered
case (even though the 2 zippers were clipped together) just as I was
getting off the bus.  Luckily, I noticed grabbed him before he could get
onto the floor of the bus, or worse yet, onto the street.  That was my
"stealth carrier" that looks like an ordinary bag.  I bought it to sneak
him onto buses going out of town, after being turned away with him in a
regular airline regulation carrier.  Another time I used that bag on a
one-hour subway ride to and from the vet in the Bronx, I had to hold the
two zippers shut the entire way, even with a ring to hold it closed.  No
more stealth carrier use unless I can figure a way to keep the zippers
completely shut.

Using the regular pet carrier with the secure lock door is no picnic
either.  Rocky spent the entire subway ride clawing to get out and making
such a racket that everyone on the subway was staring at me, wondering
what kind of monster I had in there!  And then there was the "I can't
stand rodents" comments by a young woman nearby.

The moral of the story: You may be able to restrain a dog or cat, but
forget about restraining a ferret.

Shron & Rockmonster