From:
Cindy Sooy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 1995 07:36:00 UTC
Baby went in for her bladder surgery yesterday morning. Unfortunately, the
tumor was inoperable. My vet said the tumor had completely invaded her
bladder and had spread to a kidney as well. The bladder wall was nearly
coming apart in spots and she didn't think she would even be able to sew her
back up again, so we had no choice but to put her to sleep.

Babe was the last of my original "Gang of Three". I found her 6 years ago
sleeping in a food dish in a pet store. The owner said that she would
comstantly empty her food bowl and go to sleep in it so they gave her
another food bowl to sleep in. She had one of the thickest, softest coats of
any ferret I knew, right up til the end. I entered her in the NJ ferret show
in June and she won an 8th place ribbon in the championship classes. I've
lost a lot of ferrets over the last 10 years (my own and shelter ferrets)
and it never gets any easier. I'll miss her.