From:
Laura L'Heureux Kupkee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 1995 16:49:43 CST
Nope, no aspirin there.  I don't know about the efficacy of kaopectate, but I
would tend to expect that it's true the bismuth in the pepto bismul is an
important ingredient in certain diseases like ulcers -- I don't know about in
the green diarrhea.  You probably wouldn't be able to use pepto 2-3 or more
times a day if it had aspirin -- I believe ferrets are pretty sensitive.  So
since I know ferret vets who use it that often, I'm sure it's perfectly safe,
although some don't like it for ulcers `cause it tends to turn stools black
and it's hard to tell if the ulcers are resolving since that's a major sign.

Laura

Laura L'Heureux Kupkee
U. of Illinois Vet Med Class of `96