From:
CYBER SCORPION <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 1995 14:52:17 EDT
    I was at the mall today and walked by the pet store, so I decided to go
in to check it out.  They had one ferret and I was dismayed to see that they
were housing it in an aquarium with nothing but about an inch bed of chedar
shavings on the bottom.  I found the manager and asked him why they were
doing this.  He took the attitude that this is what they had always done.  I
told him that just because it had always been done that it didn't make it
right.  I asked him if he would put a cat in an aquarium.  I told him that I
would prefer to see the ferret in a steel cage and that he should get rid of
the cedar shavings since it has been suspected of causing respiratory
problems in ferrets.  I tried to be as diplomatic as possible.  I also added
that I was with the AFA, hoping that would add more weight.

    He didn't seem to take me very seriously, although he did indicate that
he had received prior complaints.  If anyone has any suggestions on course
of action, please let me know.  The address of the store is:

Docktor Pet Center #352
541 Christiana Mall
Newark, DE 19702
(302) 366-7666

Thanks,
Fred R.
owned by Mickey, Niki, Merlin, and Crystal...