From:
Sara Munz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 17:45:29 -0700
I stopped by yesterday evening to send one of my ferrets on the
Washington express for adrenal surgery and had a good visit with Dave
(FUzzy Dad).

Chris will probably be released from the hospital to a convalescent home
in Portland within the next week or so.  She will be spending at least a
month, probably two, in the convalescent home doing physical therapy for
her leg.  It will be at least a year and possibly two before she gets
full function back.

Sam is in worse shape and is still in the hospital.  She had three broken
ribs and a punctured lung, her ankle was badly damaged (she almost lost
the foot) and one of her hips was torn out of its socket.  She's going to
be there for a while.

The shelter badly needs money and homes for the ferrets.  They will be
drastically reducing the number of ferrets as Chris's mobility will be
quite limited and Dave has to work.  If anyone in Oregon or Washington or
Idaho is interested in adopting, that would be wonderful.  The shelter
phone number is 503-557-8369.

They are still working on coordinating volunteers, so if you're
interested in that you might want to hold off for a little while.

Sara & five worried fuzzies