From:
Stacey Weinberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 09:29:20 -0800
Only EIGHT percent survived, not eighty?  That's terrible!  It sounds like
the BFF will never be able to live in the wild again.  How sad.

To BIG, would it be possible to add numbers to the individual post?  The
list in the beginning is numbered and sometimes I only want to read certain
posts, but I have a devil of a time trying to find it since they aren't
indicidually numbered and there a A LOT of them.

Thanks!

Stacey

[Moderator's note: It's a frequently asked question.  The main answers are:
1) the numbers are Subject numbers, not post numbers -- there can be more
than one post with the same subject (and same number) and 2) there is
actually a document which specifies the format of a digest and it doesn't
allow for posts to be numbered.

But still, enough people ask for it, so I was considering looking into
changing the "standard digest".  But now that digests are available in
MIME format most people can get to a post more directly.

If anyone is using a mail reader which understands MIME digests I can
switch your subscription over to the MIME format if you wish.  BIG]