From:
Joanne Brigham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 12:24:00 -0400
PCNut wrote:
>This post might be off topic, but not entirely.

Yeah, the subject really isn't ferret related at all, which is something
many folks object to....

<snip>
>We are in the process of deciding exactly what will be included in the
>book, so have made an attempt to research how to get the book published
>when finished.

As a writer, I can tell you that if you don't even know what's going to
be in the book yet, it's much too early to be worrying about a publisher.
They will want a complete outline and several completed chapters, as well
as whatever credentials you may have for writing a book on ferrets (think
of this as answering "why would anyone buy a book written by you?").
Without being able to answer that question, it will be impossible to get
anyone to pay you for the material.  What credentials *do* you have?

If you're talking about a fictional book, you will have to complete the
entire book and find an agent who thinks it's worth printing.  The agent
will attempt to find a publisher.  As far as finding any more information
on publishing, I suggest you visit your library - there are tons of books
on the subject.

Joanne