Date:
Tue, 8 May 2007 02:10:47 -0400
Debbie:

I'd tell your regular vet what happened, in detail, that day, including
your trip to the other practice.

Having worked w/ good vets & bad vets in the same practice, what I've
done in the past is simply told the office to put on our file that we
refuse to see anyone but the vet of our choice. The problem w/ that is
if it's an seriously life or death situation, your preferred vet may
not be reachable. Then you'd have to do what you did in this instance -
see the vets at the other practice.

Unless, of course, you & your vet have an understanding, as my vet &
I do. I have his personal cell phone #, & am only one of a very few
people who do. I don't abuse it, & he knows that. We were amongst his
first clients when he finished vet school, & we've even followed him
to 3 different practices. In a situation like this one, we can get
ahold of our vet 24/7 if need be. Our vet saw 2 of my guys w/ severe
respiratory infections at 10:30 on a Sun night a few mos ago -
literally a couple hrs after he & his wife had their 3rd child.

If it were me, I'd have a serious discussion about this w/ your regular
vet. Find out if something like what we do is possible. If not, make
sure he understands that you'll have to go to the other practice for
emergencies if he is unavailable, because you don't trust the judgement
of the other vet on staff. He may just agree w/ that arrangement. As my
vet always says, although he's the dr, nobody knows your pet like you
do. If you aren't happy w/ what one person is telling you, you have the
right to seek out the best treatment for your pet. Seriously, I doubt
that any decent vet would disagree w/ your decision.

And if your regular vet *does* have a problem w/ all of this, you've
already found another practice that's closer to you, & that has *2*
ferret vets on staff. Just ask for your records from your 1st vet, &
make an appt to see the new vets for a baseline visit, & give them
the records.

Either way, you still end up w/ at least one vet you can trust, if not
more.

Lin, Oberon, Max, Puck, & Ivan
~ Missing my angel Ariel - 20 April 2000 - 20 January 2007.
Wait for me, my Baby Girl. I miss you so much. ~

email me at: kay tee en eye el at double-u owe aich dot ar ar dot see
owe em