From:
James Makowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 1995 17:58:11 -0500
I forgot to ask one more thing.  Well over a month ago, I sent in the
papers to license my ferret in New Jersey.  To this day, I still have not
received any indication that she is licensed.  She came with a 20-day
temporary license, but that has since run out.  If the government office
in NJ that does this couldn't handle the paper work, then they should
have given a longer temporary license.  Sad to say, I am now harboring an
illegally-owned ferret in a ferret-legal state.  I doubt this
technicality will ever come into play, but why make us license them, give
us a 20-day temp license and then take forever to process the paper work?
 Are they _trying_ to set up situations in which they can confiscate
ferrets?

Illegally yours in NJ,
Jim Makowski and Nibbles

PS - I plan on bringing her to my parents house an hour away on Saturday.
 If any of you New Jersey people see a green Saturn running from 20
police cars (shades of the big O.J. chase), that's me trying to protect
my fuzzy.