From:
Juliana Paulauskas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 14:25:45 -0500
RE: Heather Moore and Gypsy, (sorry,  a bit behind in FML's)

I had my ferret, Misty, for 3 years before I decided to get more ferrets.  I
figured she might like some company as we were gone quite a bit during the
day.  We rescued two ferrets from a shelter a few hours from our PA home.
They were bunk mates and got along very well.  Let me tell you that Misty
was NOT pleased with this new arrangement.  We went through 5 months of
having Misty hiss and bite noses (there was no blood shed or flying fur)
before she finally got down off of her high horse and accepted the new
comers.  Now, they all get along wonderfully but it was a rough 5 months for
all of us!!!  (For awhile there, I thought we were going to have a
dysfunctional ferret family!)

I have heard that my case is not the typical one.  I have heard that all
ferrets have different personalities and that some will adjust fast, some
slow, and some not at all.  I guess it is luck of the draw in a way.  Now,
Misty is very happy that she has company to play with when we are not at
home. I am very happy that I chose to stick it out through the rough times.
I have the best ferret family anyone could ask for!!!   :)

Julie and The Fuzz Factory --Misty, Charity, and Sobriety.