From:
Ilsa McBryde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 15:54:03 +1000
>He is absolutely convinced that adrenal disease is caused by early
>neuter/spay and stresses related thereto.  He feels that when the job is
>done, a few cells are always left over, even if the job is complete and
>that they migrate to the adrenal glands, ultimately becoming tumors.  He
>said he can't remember the time when a late neuter/spay patient of his had
>adrenal disease.  Just thought I'd pass it along.
>Dale

Hi there - I'm just wondering what classifies as early or late?  My ferret
(Scooter) was neutered at around 3 months of age ( I waited until after his
testes had fully dropped).  The breeder that Scooter came from has another
liter due soon and am considering getting Scoot a friend.  If anyone knows
when the best time to neuter a male and a female is please let me know as
I'd like to do the best thing by my new fuzzy.  I've heard lately that male
should not be neutered until 6 months of age.

Thanks for any info
Ilsa & Scooter~~~