From:
Rhea Fulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 09:01:06 EDT
Does anyone know how much kaopectate to give a ferret?  My Taz has had
runny, loose stools for a while now, and I believe it is contributing
to his weakness, if not the sole cause of it.  He is currently under
treatment by our vet with Prednisone for this problem.  Every thing at
the vet checked out ok except for some bacteria in his stool.  He has had
Amoxicillin/Flagyl for that, but still has the loose stools.  My vet did
not mention that he can have Kaopectate or Pepto Bismol.  He lives more
than an hour from me, and is hard to get by phone.

Thanks,
Rhea