From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:30:23 -0500
Over the last 8 years the number of inspectors the FDA and USDA have
has markedly decreased. That makes doing their job dramatically harder.

I had this forwarded to me today. It appears to be a petition site
run by Consumers Union, and this one is asking Congress to fund those
agencies well enough that they can do their job as well as they used
to do.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/711052300?z00m=19454640

I used it and it seems to work fine except that it does not retain
paragraph spacing, and I could not find a way to edit from preview
when I left out two words, but sometimes I miss such things just
because my eyes can't see them well enough to read.

So far the number of pet products announcing recalls for peanut
products from that Georgia facility has been low (2 that I have
received) but places with human food recalls are still arising,
so more pet ones may yet appear.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: