From:
Sandra Deem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2012 17:20:09 -0500
We too had to go to newspaper because one of our ferrets thought the
litter pan was a sandbox filled with ummm "toys" and could kick the
stuff out faster then I could replace it.

Newspaper worked well but we had two problems, one - the inky feet, and
two - the size or thickness of the daily paper. Being in a small town
some days that meant only two or three full sheets and an assortment of
adds. Not nearly enough to keep us in newspaper.

Our fix? U-Haul packing paper. It's cheaper then a month of
inconsistent newspapers that often arrived wet. It's larger, and
thicker then newspapers and NO inky feeties!!!

My husband then made me three, large corner trays from a heavy grade
plastic. They have high backs, and are painted to match the ferret
room, and designed just for the U-Haul paper. We use to use masking
tape to keep them down, but the Dumbo Wombat likes to pull the tape
up, so we've gone to using a brick on each tray to hold the paper
down. The treys help keep moisture off the newly laid, laminate floor,
and the ferrets will use them even if the paper is not there.

Hope this helps those who hate inky fuzzy feet!

Sandy