From:
Jaime Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 14:11:42 -0700
>I need advice on nail trimming.  We have had our kids a week and a bit and
>the female is a pretty bad biter.  she needs her nails manicured* ASAP as
>they're getting pretty long.  Any ideas on the best way to cut her nails
>and NOT get bitten too badly?  Bitter apple, sure, but that doesn't help
>all the areas.

I don't know if this would prevent biting, but it may distract her.
Actually, I think we got this suggestion a long time ago from this list.
We lay the kids on their backs on a towel (it's easiest if you have two
people, but you can master doing it yourself quite well).  One of us holds
our hand under their back, gripping them gently and squirts some Ferretone
on the kid's belly.  While he or she is eagerly licking it up, the other
grabs a foot and starts trimming.  They don't even notice what we're doing
any more!  This often requires multiple squirts of Ferretone depending on
how fast they lick it up and how fast the clipper is.

It's kind of funny though, when we give them Ferretone other times- not
related to nail trimming time- they often lay on the ground afterwards
licking their bellies looking for more Ferretone!

Jaime

=====
Jaime