Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 18:36:40 -0800
Thank you all for responding to my post on what to do about Rasta.

This morning I went to give him his prednisone.  I had a difficult time
waking him up and when he finally did, he tried to come out of his cage and
could not lift his hind legs.  After a few minutes and me holding him, I
put him down.  He literally dragged his hind legs across the carpet and had
no control of them.  He ended up sitting at my feet staring up at me.  I
started crying of course and picked him up and held him.  He just sat
there, licking my nose.

I told my husband that he must be having some discomfort, but my husband
insists on letting him live until he is in obvious pain.  I do not want
Rasta to suffer and I feel that he is.  He just does not have that sparkle
in his eyes anymore.  I cried all day at work today because I am really
having problems deciding what is best.  Rasta has been my best friend for
the last seven years and it is so hard to watch him waste away.  My vet
says that surgery would be really cruel and that he probably would not make
it through.  I do not want to put him through more than what is absolutely
necessary.

Please kiss and hug all of your fuzzies, I know where I will be spending
all of time away from work.

Again, thank you all for your support and kind words, they gave me comfort
today.