From:
Randy Magick1 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 14:54:57 -0400
It's been a busy week at the shelter.  Pogue, Bronte & Blarney spent a
couple of days at the vet's.  Bronte's previous owner cut his canine
teeth out using cutters and his little teeth were infected so they had
to be removed.  he's doing much better but his mouth is still sore.
poor guy tries to pick up his toys and can't because his mouth hurts!

Blarney had x-rays, a trans-tracheal wash and a nasal flush.  He snores
and sometimes has a gurgle when he breathes.  The shelter is waiting for
histo results.

Pogue has been very cuddly lately and has always had a breathing issue.
The vet looked into the back of his mouth and saw he had a swollen area
so he took a sample and we'll hopefully get the results soon.  he's been
so quiet lately - poor guy!

The shelter took in a new little girl from Oakville.  They named her
Annie, the little orphan.  her owner abandon her in a cage in the park
and that is where she was found.  she has a terrible wound on her cheek
and is on antibiotics.  She is happy at the shelter and plays well but is
hand shy and nervous of our hoomans.  On Saturday morning, he poop tests
came back.  She is positive for Giardia.

Avery and Bronte are doing well together.  last week i told you of how
Avery decided to move in with Bronte.  well, i think he's a good little
man for putting up with Avery!  She moved in, re-arranged his house and
gives him hell if he leaves crumbs outside the food bowl!  She makes sure
he washes behind his ears and in-between his toes.  now, this is hard
for Bronte 'cuz remember, he WAS a bachelor up until last week!  The
volunteers think it's so cute when ferrets fall in love at the shelter :)

Last week Arlo had adrenal surgery.  Arlo is being fostered with his
brother Monty by auntie Bonnie & Uncle Nigel.  Dr. Regan did her very
first vena cava ligation on Arlo since being able to watch Dr. Purcell
do them in January.  Arlo is doing well but needs sub-q fluids to help
flush his kidneys.  We're all very proud of Dr. Regan for attempting
this scary surgery and making it a success!

Mommie tries to be on her best behavior for auntie Bonnie & Uncle Nigel.
When she's really good, they reward her with a Timmy's coffee.  That's
mommie's Ferretone!

With thanks to all of our members who have been saving up their Canadian
Tire money, mommie was able to purchase a Steam Shark for the shelter.
She has NO idea how to use it, but will be trying it out this weekend
due to having a ferret positive for Giardia.  Wish her luck, she is the
klutz of klutzes!

Please watch for my Harley "Bug" Challenge coming this week.

Love always, Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org/