Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 07:27:29 -0500
for several years I owned pets that were illegal in my state. I even
lied to people who saw them in my house and called them a different,
similar but legal animal. I lived in fear that someone would take them
away. They were adopted by me when I heard they would be euthanisized
if not adopted immediately. They were in a neighboring state and I
didn't realize they were illegal here until after i had them.

The point of my story is, it is not the person who suffers, but the
animal when they are seized. Most people will not pay to have them
shipped back out of state and the ferret is killed if there are no
other options. Why deliberately put your beloved pet in jeopardy? I
would never move to CA for that reason but if the move was unavoidable
I would keep them as a deep secret just as I did my other "exotics"
for all those years. Don't go out of your way to flaunt your ferret
thinking it won't happen to you! Listen to Robin. The lady has
experience and speaks only for the good of the ferrets.

Laurel