Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1993 22:12:59 -0400
(cont) ask the other ferret owners is if any of them have had any experiences o
r knowledge concerning blindness or heart or liver disorders? i bought two male
 ferrets in may 1992. Their names are teebone and weezul. I have learned to fee
d them kitten/cat food. They also love baby food sweet potatoes and puffed whea
t, no sugar or salt added. There are no vets in my area (Kansas) that i have fo
und that specialize in ferrets. I have been to four different vets and they tre
at ferrets along the line of cats. I am greatly concerned about the health of m
y ferrets. i too have seen what mike janke described as "green Diarrhea" virus.
 Teebone gets it occasionally. Teebone also has a bad habit of chewing and inge
sting cloth or anything he can get his jaws on. It goes right through him but i
 have been told it could be a health hazard since it could one of these times n
ot pass through. Weezul is the brainy one. He pushes boxes or anything availabl
e over to a utility shelf i have, so he can climb up and get on top of the wash
er and dryer that is in the area. Ferrets are lovable end intelligent creatures