From:
Bonny McAlister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 17:17:25 -0500
Hi all,

I know it's a bit late but I just wanted to invite those of you who might
be interested to join us at Dade Battlefield Park in Bushnell, Florida
around noon December 21st, Saturday for a cookout/get-together!  We
encourage noone to bring their personal ferrets and if you do, it's at
your own risk.  Park regulations are that you must keep all pets on a 5'
leash as they are permitted.

If you are coming, please bring one dish or desert or something to
contribute to the cookout so that we'll be sure to have plenty of food to
go around for everyone.  I came all the way down here from South Carolina
so I'm really hoping to get a chance to meet those of you who can make
it! :)  (yea... laying on that guilt trip thick, huh?  hehe)

For those of you not familiar with the park, it's the location of one of
Florida's battles between the Seminole Indians and Colonel Dade.  There's
a gorgeous nature trail, a museum, lots of landmarks, playground for the
children, a volley ball net, tennis court and a huge field to play
football or whatever and guess who brought the balls!!  ME!  Well... not
for playing tennis... but anyone's welcome to bring those.  Also, there
is said to be a softball field and basketball court also.  Basically,
there's plenty to do and best of all, we get a great chance to mingle,
eat good food and get to know each other!  So who's game?  If anyone
is interested in coming or has any questions, feel free to email me at
[log in to unmask] and lemme know!  If you wanna just show up, you
can do that too.

Gate admission is $2 per carload for the entire day.  It's well worth the
visit just to enjoy the beautiful park if not anything else.  So let's go
have some fun!  :)

The following link will tell you more about the park, address, park
contact info, etc...
http://www.dep.state.fl.us/parks/district4/dadebattlefield/index.asp

-Bonny
www.mindgardens.com