Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 21:49:56 -0400
I wanted to ask someone who is a little more ferret knowledgeable than I am.
Our 6 month female, Daisy appears to have a virus of some sort (I think).
She threw up yesterday morning, but only the one time then and not since.
She doesn't appear to be eating much on her own - maybe occasional bites of
ferret food or a piece of dog food that she steals.

Her energy level is WAY down - she is usually my wild child.  She comes out
or one of us gets her for a few minutes, she wanders or plays for a very
short while and then crawls back in her hammock or drawer.  I have given
her a tsp. of Ferretvite last night, this am and tonight, which she eats
readily and is drinking some water.  She doesn't appear to be dehydrated
(I checked by scrunching her scruff - but it seems to go back to normal at
a good rate).

Her poops yesterday were loose but had some form.  Today I would say she
has very loose stools with no form - and not much in terms of
substance/quantity but then she hasn't been eating much solid food either.
Any ideas/suggestions?  At what point should I take her to the vet?  I'm
concerned about her, but with being our first ferret illness, I don't know
to continue to observe or take her in.

HELP!
Karla