From:
alia granda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 23:46:11 -0800
Can you say....FERRET MATH?  I sure as heck can, along with hubby,
daughter, and estranged, psycho kitty.

My three beautiful new additions arrived this morning, and from the moment
I saw them I loved them.

Let me introduce you to the rookies: Ponch (Poncharelli) formerly Fred,
(that just didn't fit him, ya know?) Is a big, beautiful chocolate!  He is
amazingly soft, and the biggest of the bunch.  Very laid back kind of guy,
and a total lap fert.  Manny, light sable with almost identical markings to
my Louie, is the more mischeiveous of the two, but also a lap fert.  Then
there's the littlest one, my first little girl, Loomis (light sable).  Boy
is that one fiesty!  She's been chasing the boys around since she got here,
not to mention that the cat hasn't had the guts to go anywhere near her!  I
love it!

Introductions went extremely well, as I had hoped.  I think partly due to
the fact that all the guys are laid back, and easy going.  Everyone is in
the almost-2-years-old range, so that may have something to do with it as
well.  I hadn't expected things to go so smoothly, and didn't realize how
smoothly until I went to put everyone in their respective sleeping
quarters, and I couldn't believe my eyes.  All in one cage, everyone was
napping as follows: Top level pocket sleeper, Ponch, and Manny.  Bottom
level blankets, Louie, and Arnold.  And who had the best spot in the house,
the hammock?  My little Loomis, all curled up by herself in the warm, cozy,
polar fleece, hammock!  You go girl!

I got my three new kids from the wonderful, and hard working, awesome
shelter mom, Diana Ashton up in cold, cold Fairbanks, AK.  Thankyou sooooo
much Diana for all your help in making sure that these kids got down here
to us, and we really do appreciate all the hard work you do for abandoned
ferts.  I have a new found rspect for all shelter parents after talking
with Diana, and to all of you, THANKYOU!!

Dooks to all, Lia and the ferrety five