From:
john rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 05:27:57 -0400
Hi.  Hope everyone is well.  I`ve only been with the FML for about 2-3
months, and posted maybe twice.  Mostly about my Adrenal ferret, Lukey.

My question realizes that the answers on Meds. only come from experience
with, or knowledge of, any particular Medication.  Not necessarily from
Vets.  But from over the years, since 1992, Ihave had up to 8 fuzzbutts
at one time, with, as you all know, all the health problems that come
with them, the nursing, Duck Soup, and of course, all the endless number
of `cancers` that seem to be attracted to them!  My question is about my
meds. for them from over the last 2 or 3 yrs. which were prescribed for
different, but sometimes the same illness.  "Prednisolone" liquid, I
realize is an anti-inflamatory, steroid preparation, according to CVS
Pharmacy.  I used that in 2003 for my last `R.Bridge` crosser, for a type
of cancer,that I cannot remember the nameof unless looked up receipts,
and the other 2 are, "Dexamethasone", prescribed for the same ferret,
further along in Her sickness.  This was obtained from the Vet`s office,
but was also called a "Anti-inflamatory" & steroid.  The last, I believe
was for nausea,- "Reglan Syrup".  I`ve even heard Vets on "ANIMAL
PRECINCT", from N.Y. ASPCA, use `Dexamethasone`, as an emergency
`Medication`, for severely ill Dogs.  Can anyone explain a bit more about
these meds., and how they work?  Anything would be helpful!

Thank You All,& Dooks to the REST!!

John R.the,hooman, Brandy,the Dog, and Tyler, Ruby, & Lukey, the Ferrets!