From:
lightkeeper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2011 01:08:42 -0600
One of our ferrets had adrenal surgery last Tuesday. Surgery went fine,
no complications, it was left-sided adrenal surgery, large tumor on the
adrenal gland, right-sided adrenal looked beautiful according to the
vet. Emitt came home to the hospital cage we have for them to recover
in after surgeries. After 3 days I told hubby we better try to get
Emitt back into his group before he is gone too long and they won't
accept him back. When we went to put him back in with his group they
wanted to fight him like they had never seen him before in their lives.
I tried taking their blankies out of their cage putting them into his
cage, take out his and put in their cage but that was a no go. I took
their blankies and rubbed him from head to toe to get "their" scent on
him but nadda, they weren't having any part of it.

Anyone have any suggestions?? Emitt is really missing his buds a lot
and I am afraid he is going to go into a depression if we can't get
him back in with them.

~Karen

~Never have I met a little animal so eager to love and laugh~

http://www.thecrochetedferret.com

     The Crocheted Ferret

Home of the famous DerbyEggs. Over 999 dozen of my eggs have sold,
making for a lot of happy ferrets and that many happy ferts can't
be wrong.