Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 01:19:04 -0800
Hello All, I posted yesterday about possibly adopting another fuzzy with
a cage or just getting my kelpt's a new cage and not adopting another
(this I'm still thinking over very carefully).  Well my Amendment is to
state, the Fizzy we lost was Not named Fidget, her name was Gidget.  I
don't know how I made that mistake.  I just wanted to set the record
straight.

we had little Gidgey for about a month before she passed.  We were told
when we got her she was 2 years old and there was nothing wrong with her
she just 'lost all her hair' and they thought it may have been because of
the heat (being in the summer, but that's like saying all your hair will
fall out because it's hot)  well when her teeth were checked she was some
where about 7-8 and only weighed about half a pound.  She had a little
bitty tuft of hair on the very end of her tail, a little on her ears,
and a little on her feet, that was basically all the hair she had.  They
also insisted she would NOT eat anything but Purina adult cat food (the
cheaper stuff) but she also took to the higher quality ferret diet right
away, she also gained some weight after it.  Any how...

a week after we got her, I ended up with another unwanted fuzz, Storm
Trooper (also my biggest ferret, with Gidgy being my smallest) stormy
took to Gidgy right away, and he served as her "protector" making sure
the other ferrets didn't get too rough with her, and making she sure was
taken care of.  I think he still misses her at least a little bit...

Sorry for being so long winded but I just wanted to set the record
straight about Gidget's name, and tell everyone a little about her, she
had a very hard life, I'm just happy I was graced with her presents, and
was allowed to get to meet such a sweet girl, who even threw her pain was
always happy, sweet, and ready to play.  I'm glad she was able to make a
few friends before she passed, and I'm only sorry she wasn't here longer
to make many more.

Also about everyone tasting pet/ferret stuff... I may as well say, I've
tasted bitter apple, and It tastes a lot like that stuff you put on
your finger nails to help get you to stop bitting them(I bit my nails
when I was younger, when I was about 5/6 I learned if you washed your
hands a couple times the stuff was mostly gone, and you could bite your
nails again!) But being a Vegetarian, I haven't tested there food, and
reallllly don't want to... thou I've tried quite a few horse
foods/treats... most of them are pretty good too!

--Heather, and crew...