Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:23:18 -0400
>From:    Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: tats and mixed up papers; unusual biter
>
>>She has a tattoo in one ear that looks something like a Y or a T in a
>>slightly greenish blue.

>Interesting.  I can't recall what color dye Hagan uses.  Could it be
>an "H"?  There certainly are smaller farms other than the "Big 4", so
>perhaps one of those or a smaller breeder.

Hagens get (or at least were getting in the recent past) an "H" in one ear
and an X or a Y (for gender) in the other.  The X or Y is a much lighter
tattoo and can fade away completely (the pet store where I got Amelia, a
Hagen girl, told me that they do the gender tattoo to sort them for the
proper operations).  Both tattoos fade to a turquoise or greenish-blue
color from their original blueish black, so it sounds likely to me that
the first person (not Sukie) has a Hagen ferret.  Her general description
also brought back fond memories of little baby Amelia.  She loved as
fiercely as she played :)

Regina

Regina Harrison [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
http://www.channel1.com/users/regina/
blog: http://www.channel1.com/users/regina/zblog.html

Is that my business?  Well, what is my business?  Do I know?  Did I ever
know?  Let s not go into that.  You re not human tonight, Marlowe.  Maybe
I never was or ever will be... Maybe we all get like this in the cold
half-lit world where always the wrong thing happens and never the right.
--Raymond Chandler, The Little Sister