From:
Julie Dowdy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 04:48:56 -0400
I got to babysit four of my former ferrets while their daddy was out of
town.  I feel in the interest of scientific observation, the following
should be noted:

* Otto bit the dog.  Twice.  Rocky will need counseling.

* Otto bit my sister.  I *told* her he would.

* Maya tried to nest in my sister's ridiculous hair piece.  That'll teach
  her to sport fake hair.

* Howie took a running dive into the metal cooler of beer.  Boy was he
  surprised.

* They've scared the cats.

* Howie stole my medicine bottle.  It took me 20 minutes to find where
  the little shark hid it.

* Someone, I suspect Maya The Climber, managed to get a hold of the shelf
  I had my undies and socks on.  This morning they were all on the closet
  floor, making a great ferret nest.

* I had to remove drawers and move two pieces of furniture to get at
  BooBoo, who can fit under anything.

* A civil war broke out between the ferrets and the Bag Of Evil Coin
  Wrappers. The carnage was horrible.

* Boo responded to my cleaning of the potty pan by joyously rolling,
  digging and flinging it everywhere.

* Maya dug all of the water out of the food dish, prompting a 3:00 am
  cage cleaning.

* Howie flipped Maya out of the hammock and into the freshly filled water
  dish.  Mayhem ensued.

* Boo, not even a pound, successfully dragged most of my bookbag under
  the bed.

* A horde of Bed Sharks attacked about 2:00 am.  Havoc was wrought.

* The demise of the box of tissues was quick and painful.

* Otto bit my mom.  She now calls him "The Little Sh*t"

* The evil kitchen glove was attacked and leaped up and down upon by
  Boo Boo.

* A war over the ramp in the cage resulted in mass casualties falling
  into the food dish, the water dish, the potty pan.

* My new bracelet has disappeared....

* When my pager goes off, Howie gets bushy and leaps at it.

* I have received, to date, kisses from Otto and Howie.  Maya and Boo are
  stubbornly holding out.

* My efforts to reteach them proper potty etiquette fell sadly short when
  they played King Of The Puppy Pad, and dragged the darn thing all over
  the room.  And then went back and pooped in the corner.

Locations and faces may change but they're still the same!

Julie