From:
Flemming Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 21:57:59 +0800
>The ferret had run under the dashboard and defecated on the back seat
>before the drama ended.

This was my favorite part of the article.

Personally, I think the officer was shoeing the ferret off his lap and the
ferret got scared and nipped.  He, of course, missed.  Or the officer was
doing something perverse and deserved it.  I guess either way he deserved
it. <g>

Seriously, I think the cop should be up on charges of abuse.  No animal -
esp a ferret - needs to be "subdued with a blow to the head".  And in
Australia that is a pretty hefty penalty.