From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 08:04:27 EDT
Mr. Lipinski writes about the requirements of an insurance policy in order
to put on a public event.  This is normal practice regardless of the
circumstances, be it a baseball card show, an ethnic food festival or a
ferret show.  I don't know of any ferret show that has not been required to
produce such a policy naming the sponsor and the facility as insureds.  You
might want to try to find a broker who can place the policy with Franklin
Mutual.  They are a national carrier .  We get our insurance from them each
year for our show, and the premium is far more reasonable than any other we
could find, $250 for a $1M liability policy which also provides for medical
and fire damages (We were quoted as much as $12,000 for a one day policy
from other carriers.)

-Anne