From:
Andrea Garza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 21:26:14 -0700
Zero had to go to TED today, to get his distemper shot.  The appointment was
during hubby's and my lunch break, so we decided to grab some fast food on
the way.  It'd be quicker and easier.  NOT!  What on earth was I thinking??
Zero went nuts!!  The second that bag was in the car, Zero was all over the
place (warp 10, engage).  He attacked the straw in Jeff's drink, and would
not let go.  Thus began the battle for the straw, man against beast.
Pulling, hissing, squeeking and biting occured (not a pretty sight).  The
straw lost...ripped to shreds.  Zero wasn't interested in what I was
drinking.  He's not a diet soda kind a' guy.  Once he lost interest in the
straw, it was time to pursue ketchup packages, french fries, and hamburgers.
The little spitfire did not quit, until all food was consumed (by us.  Zero
managed to get very little).  No small feat.  So for all of you ferret folks
out there, heed this warning.  Never attempt to eat fast food in a vehicle
in the presence of a food shark!  :)

Andrea Garza & The Crew
Research Technician
University of Arizana