From:
Barbara Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:32:49 -0500
Ok- I'd like to clear a few things up so people don't start to think I am
a bad person.

1. I am not giving up on Kodi (the adrenal fert).

2. I am trying to help Hope(his cagemate) by adding a third for company
once Kodi is gone because she is very dependent on him.

3. Many of you have sent emails saying he should have a long life left
since he is only 3 and that Adrenal wont kill them and that surgery is
the best option.  If I had known that he would live longer then I would
not have gotten a 3rd.  Like I said, Hope is VERY dependent on him and
would absolutely die if she did not have the support of a fert when Kodi
is gone.  I was told by 2 vets in my area that he only had about a year
left, and they charge around $800 for surgery, which I cannot afford.
Also I was told by the vets that for the money it costs, it is not worth
it because the disease will most likely come back.

4.  Someone asked, why get a third if you cannot afford adrenal surgery?
I can afford to pay for checkups and vaccines and medicine when needed,
but having to cough up $800 is a lot different than the occassional $100
or so, and I know Im not the only person who feels this way.

So everyone, please don't think I am a bad person.  I am not giving up on
Kodi, I've been looking everywhere and researching to try and find a way
to help him that I can afford, and the only thing that Ive found I can do
is let him live out his life happy and comfortable.  If I could, Kodi
would have adrenal surgery.  I hope this clarifies everything.  I love
all of my animals with all my heart and would not and will not ever give
up on any of them.  I hope this clears everything up.

-Barbara, Kodi (the lovebug), Hope (the demon child) and Otter (the newbie)-