Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2008 18:57:08 EST
As hard as I tried to help Hanna recover after her recent surgery,
nothing worked. I think her age and having had 2 surgeries in 7 mo.
plus her recent diagnosis of lymphoma was just too much for her tiny
body. She was in the hospital overnight on Wednesday after having her
spleen and a skin tumor removed a week and a half earlier. When she
went to the hospital on Wednesday, she was not doing well. I was told
by the doctor and his staff that she was doing better and that she was
ready to come home on Thursday. When I picked her up, she wasn't any
better than when I had seen her 24 hrs. earlier. I took Hanna home
anyway, making sure she ate and drank frequently but in another 24
hours, she started going downhill fast. I stayed home from work on
Friday to be with her but by then she had stopped eating and was
unresponsive. I was able to hold her much of the day. Unfortunately,
Hanna crossed The Bridge Saturday night.Through much of this time, her
sister Lily curled up with Hanna to comfort her and keep her warm. Lily
and Hanna had been together all their lives and, at 7 years old, Lily
will miss Hanna tremendously. Fortunately, I do have two other ferrets
to get Lily through this but I'm not sure, though, what's going to help
me through this difficult time . . . I miss her so much.

Thank you all who sent me personal messages saying you were keeping
Hanna in your thoughts and prayers. As much as wanted to respond to
you all, I have been so overwhelmed the last few days and haven't
even turned on the PC.

Donna