From:
Dave Burket <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 05:23:50 -0500
This past monday (1/24), Dr. Weiss did cryosurgery on my Snowflake.  She's
doing wonderfully.  She has adreanal disease and insulinoma.  The adrenal
disease was bilateral and she had 4 tumors on the pancreas (all on the same
side).  She came through the surgery with flying colors and was eating on
her own the next day.  Dr. Weis was fantastic.  I recommend him highly!!
I'm 5 hrs.  away from him, but it was worth the drive.  Unfortunately, the
day we went down is the night they had the big snow storm, so it took us
almost 8 hrs.  to get back.  Snowflake is still eating on her own, but
really only wants to eat her chicken jerky treats < which have no sugar in
them :-) >  I'm going to mix up some a/d food with chicken baby food and
water to supplement her... she is eating the kibble but not as much as I'd
like her too.  You know, the bad thing is I don't know how much she, or
any of the other ferrets eat in a normal day.....guess I should have paid
attention, but they all eat out of the same bowls so its hard to judge.  I
just think she should be eating more.  So, thats the update on Snowflake's
surgery, and if anyone is thinking about adrenal surgey.....go to Dr.
Weiss.... he's so caring and compassionate.

Pamela
<http://www.geocities.com/my_ferrets/>