Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 16:03:46 EDT
ah yes.  the lovely smells of a ferret.  we've got 2 - even though one has
been lost outside for over 3 weeks.  anyhow, here's what we do.  we have a
flea problem, so we use Scratchex Flea & Tick Shampoo For Dogs & Cats.  i
know you probably don't have fleas, but that shampoo really knocks the
normal ferret smells down.  they need a bath at least once a week - if not
two.

there is a very special technique for cleaning floors, etc.  take an empty
one gallon bleach container.  fill it with 1-2 cups of bleach (i like lemon
scent Clorox because it has less of a bleach smell), and fill the rest of
the container with water.  use this for cleaning up everything you can
normally use a liquid cleaner for.  you might want to avoid using it for the
litter box though.  this magic solution takes out the smell so well that the
ferrets don't recognize it as their litter box, so they won't use it then.

and don't sweat the roommate stuff.  some people just aren't ferret people.
they simply don't understand the magic of ferrets.  for some strange reason
there actually are people who just don't connect with ferrets.  FOOLS!!!

oh, and wash any bedding stuff that the ferret sleeps on, such as the
hammock if it has one, or any clothing/material you give it to sleep on.
it makes sense to do this at the same time you bathe your ferret, because
if you throw a clean ferret on smelly bedding, the smells just rub back off
on the ferret.

luck,
lisa