Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2008 15:30:19 -0500
Vk Walsh, do I understand you correctly? By the statement "There were
many nights I was awakened by the sounds of the rabbits screaming in
terror at their attackers as I chased the dogs away," do you mean to
say that you continued to house your rabbits in outdoor hutches where
they were being harassed by dogs? You did not put them inside a barn,
shed, or other enclosure to keep them safe from the dogs? You did not
ever secure them from animal attack, but instead left them to be
guarded by other animals? I raised geese, so please don't tell me that
your gander was able to withstand the attack of this marauding dogpack.
If you did not lose either rabbits or geese with this arrangement, it
was due to luck and the speed you managed to get out of bed and drive
the dogs off. In other words, it was an accident waiting to happen.

You have blamed our friend, Alexandra for not doing enough to protect
her ferrets when you are quite guilty of not protecting your own pets
from a repeated known danger. The accidents she had involved different
dogs in different situations. They were not a repeat of the same
accident, as you would have us believe. People with a great deal of
ferret experience who visited her home have told you that they observed
the situation and didn't feel there was danger to Ping and Puma. Hind
sight is 20/20 and it's unfair of you to blame her for an accident when
you are just as imperfect yourself.

Veda