From:
Joyce Meadows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 1995 13:32:48 -0600
I finally did it - i got another fuzzy!  O Joy!
The people at the pet store had no idea how old she was or anything - grr -
all they knew was thay she was spayed and descented.  I don't like that pet
store at all...but that's another post for another day.

She's little; my guess is 3-5 months old.  Her name is Emma...I have no idea
what to call her coloring - her underhairs are all white/cream, and from her
shoulder back the guardhairs are white and grey (white on the bottom of the
hair, grey at the top half)...her tail is darker, a sort of salt-and-pepper.
Her head is all white except for two patches of grey right between her ears.
O she is BEAUTIFUL!  She had been kept in pine shavings (grr), and her fur
was yellowish - after a bath most of the yellow came off.  Might it have
been from the pine shavings?  (She tolerated the bath a LOT better than Seth
EVER has!)

Seth does not like her.  I got her Wednesday, and when I brought her home
and put her in her cage (big Pet Taxi - wire cages scare me, too), he hid
behind the laundry.  He stayed there until friday (yesterday) evening.
During that time, he only came out twice that I know of to drink.  I put
some food behind the laundry for him, but he didn't eat much of it, and even
ignored raisins.

Friday, however, I washed some clothes, and when I came back in he was
sitting in the middle of the floor, waiting for me.  I let Emma run around
the room that evening, and Seth actually approached her a few times to
sniff.

Today he even attacked her a few times...i'm actually kind of relieved.
Before, I had held him a couple of times in front of her cage.  Both times,
as soon as she moved, he wet - yes, on me - and went completely crazy.
Other times he just lay behind the laundry, tharn.

Emma, of course, is supremely interested in him, even though his attacks
have dampened her curiosity somewhat.

wow this is long :}

Nicknames: the usual 'honey, baby, sweet, etc' when i'm trying to
                 calm them down
           frettchen (German for ferret)
           silly
           Emmaline (her real, full, official name is just Emma, and
                 that's what i call her usually; when trying to console
                 her, though, i use emmaline)
           meine kleine (German again - literally 'my little')
           taffy rat (i don't use this one! - it's from a friend of mine who
             says that ferrets look like rats stretched out [like taffy]) :)

Well, enough of my babble!  Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!

   -joyce (sibling rivalry? what sibling rivalry?)
   - Seth the Great (i don't like it.  get it away.  send it back.  or
     let me kill it.  just make it go away.)
   - Emma (a whole room for me! no pine shavings! ferretone! hurrah....
     but what's that furry thing that keeps staring at me?)