From:
Julie Paulauskas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 1995 15:12:33 -0400
....And they lived happily ever after....  I hear such great stories about
people who adopt or buy ferrets as new playmates for their other fuzzies.
Usually, they fight, squeek, nip, or drag each other around by the neck for
a while and when the pecking order has been established, they live happily
ever after....

Well, not in this household!  Misty has now recouperated almost fully from
her adrenal surgery, is eating on her own again, and has almost all of her
hair back, but her attitude still needs adjusting.  I love her dearly which
is why I rescued 2 more ferrets --so that she'd have company during the day
when we are gone.  Let's just say she did not appreciate this gesture very
much.

Charity and Sobriety, also 3 yrs old or so, have been in the house now since
May 27 and there are no signs of bosom buddies here!  Misty just doesn't want
to be bothered with them and will still squeek or nip if they get up in her
face or her favorite space.  She has been known to go up to a quietly
sleeping Sobriety and chase him out of the sleeping bag and clear across the
room and then go back under the printer stand and fall asleep.  Meanwhile
Sobriety lays pathetically on the carpet with that "Mommy, she hurt me!" look
on his fuzzy face.

Misty had been an only ferret for 3 years and I guess she is just not going
to adjust to the new comers.  I have resorted to buying 2 cages because Misty
cannot be trusted to be in the cage with them.  They're  usually fine when
left loose in their room as they just ignore each other most of the time.

Where or where did I go wrong?  I thought about getting an Arnold
Schwartzenager (sp?) ferret to knock Misty down a notch or two.  Any ideas?

Friendly Ferret Fuzzies,
Julie Paulauskas and The Fuzz Factory--Misty, Sobriety, and Charity.