From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 10:37:10 EDT
From what I know there were at least two polls.  One was by Amy Flemming
(or was it you Sukie?).  The other was by me a couple years ago.  I
recieved over 500 surveys.  My mistake was that I looked for far too many
things.  Everything from how long a tail was to life span.  I would have
liked to put the data on a type of map or graph for people.  But I didn't
know how.  It would have been painstaking work, and I found that I am too
busy to do it.

Pam Sessoms generously helped by putting the survey up on the web.  It's
still there as far as I know for if I ever want to do it again.

Anyway, just on a visual basis, I didn't find anything remarkable ...
only things that I expected.  But one thing that did stand out
dramatically was lifespan.  If I recall only three ferrets lived past 6.
Now of course that is one "snapshot" of a very small sampling and of a
very narrow genre of ferret owners.  But I found it impressive myself.
Of course on any other given time, I could find 10 people that write me
that their ferrets lived much longer.  But at that given point in time,
from that sampling, that was the finding.

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com