From:
Mia and Patrick Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 10:59:07 -0700
If you are very sensitive please don't read this,

Yesterday one of our shelter officers, Lynne Fink brought a rescue that
she had gone out of her way to retrieve from Vancouver, (thank you Lynne),
after I received a call on Saturday.  The man who phoned stated that he had
rescued this poor little girl from a neglectfull owner and that she had a
'skin condition'.

The poor little ferret, she never even made it through the door I took one
look at her and off to the vet.

Her nails were so long that some of her toes are broken and the others
deformed, her feet are all just swollen, open, infected sores.  She is
between 2 and 3 years old and from the looks of it has been sleeping in her
own feces for that entire time, her belly, tail and sides are all infected
open sores.  It appears that she may also have adrenal.

Despite all of this pain and illness she is a little love, likes to be
cuddled.  I took pictures she was so bad.  They will be posted on my web
page as soon as I have them scanned and we will take more as she heals.

Still in shock,
Mia