From:
Woozle Kisses <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 19:06:20 -0800
Since I'm a wee bit sleepy and want to save a little bit of time I'm
sending this to the FML and a few of you in my address book.

Anyhoo...I don't know whether I've got a good heart, or if I'm stupid, or
if I have a good heart AND I'm stupid. ;-)  But we've added to our family
once again.

Some of you might know that we rescued Zoe (a chocolate, possibly 2 1/2 or
3 year old female ferret) from a family who supposedly "rescued" her from
another family looking to get rid of her.  The first family supposedly had
4 ferrets in a small cage and fed them carrots.  The family that we got
Zoe from had her in a pet carrier with another ferret...no water, no
litter box, no toys, no name...just icky cat food thrown in the front of
the carrier, and an old towel.  Zoe came to us with a couple bald patches
on her shoulders and rat tail (bald tail with blackheads).  I'm proud to
announce that she has since grown her hair back beautifully and is growing
tail fur as well!  Yea Zoe!  She's been a little nippy with feet and can
get carried away when playing with hands, but it's nothing that can't be
worked out. :)

Which brings me to my news...welcome George.  George came with his
name...which surprises me because Zoe had no name. :(  We were told the
first time we went out to visit this family that there might be another
ferret that would need a home...Zoe's cagemate.  But that was almost a
month ago and I didn't figure they'd call us.  Well the call came today.
"We've got George can you come pick him up?"  All I knew about him was
that he was male, white, and large.  What do you suppose I found?
Hmm...nope...doesn't look white to me.  He looks like possibly a sable
point.  Yep...he's a male....a WHOLE male.  Yes, we've got a hob.  This
is my first ever experience with a hob.  So those that know hobs, please
write me...I NEED help.  Large?  OH yes indeed he's large!  I knew as
soon as I walked in and saw him he wasn't neutered.  The face told me
everything.  Anyways, they had him in a cage.  But, it was a rickety old
thing that didn't have a water bottle (or dish), no food, no bedding, no
litter box, no toys.  Oh, a lmost forgot...hehehe...I've been bit.  My
fault...I was too trusting.  He pulled a lick-lick-chomp on me.  It's not
that bad...he broke skin, but no hard feelings.  :)

Our main concerns are to get him neutered.  Must find a vet that we trust
in this area to do a surgery though.  I'm really not fond of the Saginaw
area vets though.  Next, is a cage.  I've wanted a new cage for Zoe
anyway.  I'd like something that can be divided though.  Suggestions are
welcome.  And if you have a cage and live in the area pick up can be
arranged (I hope!).  I was told that both George and Zoe have had their
shots.  I don't believe it.  So they're due for their shots as well.  This
didn't really come at a good time, because we're still paying off Opie's
Adrenal surgery bill (rest in peace Oppers).  I wish I could say I'm more
prepared for this, but the truth is I'm not.  However, I've taken on the
responsibility of two little lives so I will find a way!  The ferret
community, friends and family were wonderful during our times of loss for
Dweezil and Opie.  I expect the same this time around.  So if you know
any ways to help, please feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks a bunch.

Holly

p.s.

Please don't think I'm looking for hand-outs...I'm simply looking for some
ideas.