From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:06:22 -0500
I want to publically thank everyone who has send me email and cards about
Belle.  This is my first loss of a personal ferret (I've lost shelter
ferrets before) and it is amazing how it does help to share with those who
understand just how these little guys can worm their way deep into your
heart.

It's strange, the hardest moment so far was when it was time to put her in
the fridge until we can get her buried next to the big rock out front.  She
is in a tin wrapped in a small soft blanket, with dried flowers, cheerios
and raisins, a little bell she used to wear, her leash (the royal blue
looked so nice with her dark sable fur), a little plastic cup she liked to
drink out of, and a little teddy bear to cuddle with.  But I could not put
her in the fridge.  She is almost naked and gets cold so easily.  I asked
Richard to put her in, while I wept harder than when she died.

I will write happy stories of her later, and am printing out and responding
to all the emails you have sent.  Thank you.

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH