From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 14:19:02 -0600
Tigger died this morning a bit before 5.  He is now at peace.  His last
days were more comfortable than a week ago.

iGive has added a shopping bar and those that sign up will grant their
charities a $3 donation for both existing and new members.

Here's the good news:  From right now until November 30th, 2000
Ferret Family Services can earn $3 bonuses for each new iGive.com member
AND $3 bonuses for each existing member who tries the free iGive.com
Shopping Window.

Your supporters shop as they normally do - just by going directly to their
favorite iGive.com online store, like Amazon.com.  (no need to start at the
Mall at iGive.com)

When shopping at an iGive.com Network Store (over 230), the Shopping Window
appears to tell them they're helping Ferret Family Services and the exact
percentage your organization will automatically receive.  No more e-mail
confirmations to forward!

As an added bonus, your supporters will find they can surf up to 100%
faster, because an Internet Accelerator is built into the Shopping Window,
courtesy of our partner VoiceFive, as part of a premier Internet research
panel.

YOU AND YOUR SUPPORTERS CAN GET THE SHOPPING WINDOW USING THIS LINK:
http://www.iGive.com/html/shopwindow2.cfm?causeid=46

Stuff
I remember when my human family thought there was something wrong with me
because of the way I felt about animals.  Originally it was dogs, then
cats, then finally ferrets.  I do care about all animals though ferrets
are especially dear to my heart.

I didn't grow up around animals, I had a kitten and a puppy (at different
times) when I was little but due to circumstances beyond my control they
went to different homes.  In my pre-teens I'd bring home strays and finally
my mom allowed me to get a dog.  Her name was Trixie and then came Pixie
(who died from distemper shortly after) from a store parking lot.  Trixie
and another dog, Sabbath, both ended up elsewhere as well.  I still carry
the burden of guilt.  sigh.

Through my pre-teens and teens I shut out humans.  I suffered and learned
from many trials.  This continued throughout my life till I became strong
enough to venture out with my natural gentle loving feelings towards
animals.  Ferrets are what brought my true nature to the surface and have
helped me grow throughout the years.  The fml has helped me to realize
that there are loving kind gentle people in our world.

Through all of my experiences, I've found ferret people to be kind, but
there are exceptions even in our group.  I don't understand why anyone
would want to cause pain, whether physical or emotional, to another being.
If someone doesn't like me, or doesn't want me to be their friend, that
is their choice and because I respect every living being, I respect their
choice and I will move on without harming another.

The FML, and BIG, and previously Chris, have been here for us through thick
and thin.  We need this forum to grow and to learn.  We need to respect
each other and their wishes.  There are some of us that aren't very strong
in dealing with some human's mean ways and these people will leave if the
tone is too harsh, just as others already have left.

The FML has helped so many.  Please, be kind to others and allow us all to
grow and learn in a positive uplifting manner.  Please show me the kind,
gentle, loving human nature that I so yearn for.

Warm hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services
Please sign up to support our charity