From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 15:45:06 -0600
Q: "Yea, what does Bhor mean?  Refering to you that is. Bob,pick up your
    card."

A: It means I'm bhoring.

It's a tease.  Sort of like Thor, only since I'm Bob, its Bhor!  It also
helps that I write long and boring posts, I guess.  To become Bhor, I tap a
bacula instead of a cane to get to my super-ferret state, and whack people
with ferret poopie instead of a hammer.  It's all true.

As for the card, I probably didn't pick it up.  I really don't live for
internet stuff (I'd rather explore the woods than surf the web) and always
forget or lose the urls.  Many people have caught on and send cards as a
pic attachment instead.  Mainly, this is because I use Eudora to pick up
and send mail early in the morning.  I do this because I use an edu server
and it is easier to fly neckid on TWA than get online EDU Air sometimes.  I
don't even try between 3pm and midnite; it can take an hour or more.  So
when I see the mail is not when I'm online, making picking up a card
somewhat difficult.  Sorry.

Q:"Do you really have [19] ferrets running around without a cage?

A: Yes, Nicholas refuses to pick up poopie, so he's outta here!

Oh yeah.  Free-ranging ferrets, at least to a degree.  They are not allowed
upstairs or in the kitchen.  Ok, they are allowed up the stairs, but not
past the landing.  I giggle when they body surf down the stairs.  It sounds
like a cattle stampede when the Fearsome Foursome (Carbone, Tui, Silly and
G.W.) run up and down, chasing each other.

I used to throw them all in a cage for a weekly clean-up (spot removal--
know what I mean?), but now just lock them in the bathroom and ignore the
strange sounds coming from under the door.  They are never caged except
when I take them out, like to the park or the vet.  I think they are
happier for it.  They set their own schedules, come and go as they please.

About the only bad part of it is that I have to search each one out every
day to do my daily check-up and socialization.  I always seem to misplace
one and worry they got out.  Hasn't happened because I'm *very* ferret
proofed, but I'm a worry wart.  Daye is the worst; I think she follows
behind me and sleeps in the last place I checked.  She's such a wisp of a
ferret anyway, you could lose her in a sleep-sac wrinkle.

Other than that, they love it and I love it.  What I especially love is
setting at my desk and the Bumble Bums (Carbone, Tui, Silly and G.W.) come
strutting in asking if I can come out and play.  Or Stella or Daye will put
one paw on my foot, telling me they want to sleep on my lap.  Or Nosette
and Fraggle will attack my ankles from behind.  Or any other of my ferrets,
anytime of the day will find me and want some sort of interaction.  You
just don't get that type of attention when they are locked up, because they
have all their stored-up energy channeled into exploration and exercise,
and the silly old human comes second.  Or tenth, depending if the ferret
has 2 or 10 things on their mind.

Bob C and 19 Mo' Toothy Stair Surfers