Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2012 01:25:41 -0500
Most of the large chain pet stores will allow you to set up a ferret
education table in the store. I am setting up monthly with PetCo now
and am working with PetSmart to get started there. PetCo promotes
adoption over buying a new ferret. They actually urged me to bring in
ferrets for adoption, so people would adopt mine over buying their baby
ferrets. I was floored. I explained I won't bring in ferrets for fear
of them contracting the flu, getting stressed, etc. However, I will
take bios of the ferrets for adoption. I help people in handling the
pet store's baby ferrets and talk with them about them. I set up for
the first time last Saturday and was able to talk with two ferret
owners. One lady had her ferret with her and it was thin. I was able
to educate her on the proper weight, what to do for it, etc. I printed
about 12 pages of ferret information to hand out to people, which was
also very helpful. Next time I'll set up a donation jar too. I did have
items for sale there that they don't sell in the pet store, but didn't
sell any at that time.

Debbie, Kindness Matters Ferret Rescue